- Former Vice Presidential candidate John Edwards will debate Karl Rove on Sept. 26 on the campus of the University of Buffalo..so let me get this straight. A man only slightly less pedantic than Al Gore will be debating a man known as a master of distortion? Right! I’m betting this will get far.
- I’ve had my suspicions…”On a couple of occasions in the last weeks, I just said some things that I knew not to be the case.”…New York Democratic Senator Hillary Clinton on misspeaking about her Bosnia visit.
- But sometimes you just have to laugh inside…”In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died – an entire town destroyed.” – Democratic Senator Barack Obama on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.
- “The U.S. government was not involved in this training in any way. We have seen the press reports and are following it closely.” an embassy spokesman said on condition of anonymity…meanwhile, Leon Mayor Vicente Guerrero Reynoso states ”The training will continue. It’s that simple.”…rats, feces, vomit. Lovely!
- “What’s really puzzling is that Barack Obama still doesn’t understand that his words matter.” said McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds…the offending opinion earlier this week? He might alter his plan to bring combat troops home within 16 months of taking office if conditions on the ground changed…Oh the horror!